Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ain't No Doubt About It

So much has happened this last week, it has almost been overwhelming. But who cares about Moby Dick, struggles with writing, and back pain when there is so much more going on!!!

The more positive things: I bought No Doubt Paramore Tickets...which cost me a pretty penny, as I accidentally bought tickets for the wrong date then had to hustle my ass to get tickets to the night I really wanted. I'm just happy to go see Paramore!!!! (One of my guilty pleasures)

Aside from this, I have been able to take 5 seconds out of this week to appreciate the fact that I have what I do. On Monday, my cousin had brain surgery which could alter his life in many ways, for better and worse. At the moment things are looking up for him and the family, which is a big relief. This especially as I have had many aspects of my job where I have had to skirt the issue that our older doctor passed away a month and a half ago. Today an insurance company requested a letter certified from him in order to process something for another one of our doctors. I asked how they proposed to do that, when I am SURE Dr. Richland is somewhere surrounded by adorable and gorgeous women, with better things to do then write letters to insurance companies from beyond the grave.

Two years now and I have seen some interesting things, dealt with various annoyance and allowed myself to adjust to the surroundings of the office. In hard times such as these, many of my friends are graduating from college, high school, and different other stages in their life that lead them to a world that is not so open to new additions. This recession is hard on everyone, but I have noticed this is especially true for these graduating students. What do we do as we get out there, in a society where there is not many opportunities? It's difficult to establish our roots or beginnings when there is no where available to plant.

Difficult times, man, Difficult times. Lets be thankful that we have our lives, health, friends, and education (no matter how little or how much)

No comments: