Saturday, February 21, 2009

Don't bank on it.

I've been neglecting my poor friend i know, but there have been many things that I have been choosing to ignore the last few weeks. Like to go to grad school or not, being told my work was "unbalanced", other odds and ends at home. Finally there was something that I am not so able to ignore as it kinda screws with my ability to only depend on myself at the moment.


Thats right, Thursday night, I had nothing better to do and thought it would be fun to put my car up on the embankment of the interchange. As my mom said this morning, I caused a sig alert for the first time, and hopefully last time of my life. I lost control of my car and spun out, hitting a little curb, spinning again, hitting it again, then the spinning again to end up with my butt lodged in the dirt embankment.

What I'm really bummed about is everyone yelled at me to not get out of my car, so i have no pictures to share of my handiwork. =[ The biggest tragedy of this whole mess, I'm sure. But I have to say, I have never been more terrified that my car was going to roll and that I may not make it home. Only have I had thoughts like this two times in my life, ironically-or not-it was the night the breaks went out on my first car. (I have great luck don't I? Honestly, I'm seriously dreading that saying about the "third time")

I know how extremely lucky I have been both times, to come out only psychologically worse for wear, with my car once again in the shop. Everyone we talk to tells me that they know "THAT CURVE". In fact, the extremely lovely tow truck guy who was on his second hour of overtime, told us that a few days prior, he was changing a tire on that same curve when a car came up and rolled four times. So yes, I know how lucky I am to still be here, to be able to experience the pain in the ass moments life inevitably dishes out.

So my friends, Know that I love you and Cherish you. So have fun, but please drive safe, and what do you say about taking care of yourself?

No comments: