Thursday, February 3, 2011

Re-Invention and Discovery

Going back and starting over, isn't this a concept we all face at some point or another? Some of us, more than once. Reinvention of ourselves and who we believe ourselves to be is something that is very important as we are ever evolving.

Recently, I have decided to make some changes in my life that may have been a long time coming. A part of this I suppose is rediscovering this blog and revisiting some of it's posts. In some ways I have grown and yet other ways I have stayed the same. That is really to be expected though as we all grow over time. We learn to constantly evolve as humans, drawing lessons from experiences, people around us, and things we observe. It would only be natural to take a moment out of the busy lives we lead to really digest those tidbits of information that we have stored tosee how these events and encounters have really changed us and our outlook.

It really defines someone to be able to look externally at ourselves and see how those things have changed us for the better, and more importantly, the worse. I'm not saying this applies to myself as I am constantly learning about who I am and who I continue to be. However, lately I have gone on interviews and something is constantly being addressed during the process of them all. They ask how I feel about the tasks I perform on a scale of 1-10, 1 needing lots of improvement and 10 being perfect. Every time I am asked, I answer honestly, that I feel nothing I do will ever be a 10, that nothing I do will ever reach perfection to the point where nothing else can be done to enhance the tasks I perform, the way I perform them, or the way I handle the situation. This is for the simple reason that those who feel they are "perfect" have not learned everything they can in a given situation. I suppose this goes hand in hand with re-invention and the process of evolution in its many forms.

When someone feels they have achieve absolute perfection, they are actually faulted into believing they know everything there is to learn about a task, process, idea, themselves, etc. It would be in this time that they will actually learn the least and thus become obsolete as the world passes them by and new technology, procedures, as well as, knowledge itself evolves into something more sophisticated based off of it's previous form and state. Life and existence is a constantly changing force as the effect of outside influences cannot always be  predicted or foreseen due to the many various unpredictable factors involved.

Realizing our faults and that there is always room for improvement in the way we are constructed, the things we believe, and the way we exist will only allow us to see further growth in ourselves and our society. As a landscape changes by the river that flows at its banks, we must also realize that forces beyond our control will also be making efforts of their own to change the shape and scope of existence and knowledge. These changes that will be seen in our own lives on a small scale and/or the world on a larger scale depending on the forces at hand. Things are not always singular as "I" or one but are often more complex structures of multiples and it is in dealing with the multiples and realizing that things go beyond the singular is where the challenge often lies.

The evolution of all of these concepts and the rediscovery of them with the new found knowledge will lead to re-invention of a simple idea or concept, identity or being, solution or challenge. In all of these, is where changes can be made on a small scale to be implemented later on a larger, more complex scale. Starting small, by either publishing this post or taking the time to read what I have written, will cause the effect of change later on a larger scale, by restarting my life as a blogger or learning new ways to do things, and yet go on to cause the effect of change on a bigger after that. Call it a pyramid of re-invention or whatever you will, I just know that by deciding a few weeks ago the time for change was now, the process of re-invention of myself has started.

I hope to in the coming weeks to learn more about myself and what/who is really important to me. It will be an interesting journey that maybe full of potholes on bad days and excessive uphill speed on good days. For tonight though, I am more content with where I maybe heading than I have been in a long time. I hope the process will allow me to re-invent and rediscover my own knowledge of myself into a self that is everything I hope to become and take notes of what I want to be in the future.

No comments: